Monday, March 11, 2013

CHANGE... Bring It.

Are you where you thought you’d be a year ago? 10 years ago? 20? How about a month ago? Yesterday? Even this morning? I’m not… I thought I had found my destiny… but it was defined by a job. Don’t get me wrong, I loved where I was and what I was doing and knowing I had a part in others’ lives…but was I fooling myself. I was content… not challenged (although I felt like I was always looking for a challenge). I’ve had a variety of emotions over the last six months as I’m sure you can imagine, but today, this moment… I feel happy. Happy my life changed so dramatically in a 5 minute meeting… Happy I’ve moved on, moved past the hurdle and embraced the opportunity for change. There has been a lot of change and challenge in the last year for me. Some of you know it all, some a little, and some may be reading this like ‘huh?’. Regardless…I’m sure you can all relate..change doesn’t always come happily. Sometimes it kicks you in knee. Sometimes in the heart. I met an old friend for an early dinner tonight.. she’s facing a lot of life changes herself…the end of a 39 year marriage, pending retirement, fear of the unknown. She was a wonderful mentor to me when I was in my early 20s and finding my confidence… and now the table has turned and she’s thanking me and telling me she needs to be more like me…to find her confidence again. I feel so honored to receive such compliments. Yah, I should probably be a bit more humble about it…but, you know what, WHY!? Some people may have curled up and did the “poor me” road when life tosses you a curveball… Yah, I had those moments, but I’ll also be damned if I will let anyone else determine my fate. This is MY life… as the magnet states on my fridge: “Life is not about finding yourself… it’s about creating yourself”. So, go ahead…toss me aside like I don’t mean a thing to you, like I had no value to give, personally…professionally…casual acquaintance, whatever…… I will get over it. Because, you know what, there are amazing people in my life that love me and believe in me…some have been there for all of my 40 years, some only in the last six months…others somewhere in between. I welcome you to take this crazy journey with me…but if you’re not interested, then get off the ride, and watch as I continue to Create My Life.

No comments: